Jacques Marie Mage | 1948 x STANLEY KUBRICK | Hickory
Classic mid-century smarts with charm.
Before he began making cinematic masterpieces, a young Stanley Kubrick was sharpening his penchant for visual narrative as a staff photographer for Look magazine, shooting everything from dramatic portraits of boxer Walter Cartier to celebrity profiles of Frank Sinatra. The “1948” are based on the frames worn by the ambitious wunderkind in a portrait taken that year by his mentor and editor, acclaimed photojournalist Arthur Rothstein.
MATERIAL: BROWN 10MM CURED CELLULOSE ACETATE FRAME, CUSTOM DOUBLE LAMINATED ACETATE TEMPLES FT. PRECIOUS METAL HARDWARE
HARDWARE: SILVER - LENS: TURQUOISE CR39 - HANDCRAFTED IN JAPAN
- Silver signature arrowhead front pin
- Silver hidden wirecore with custom hairline filigree engraving
- Silver tension-secured custom 7-barrel hinge
- Silver domed 3D metal cameo logo
- 4 base lens w/ backside anti-reflective treatment
- 100% UV protection