Jacques Marie Mage | 1948 x STANLEY KUBRICK | Black
Classic mid-century smarts with charm.
Before he began making cinematic masterpieces, a young Stanley Kubrick was sharpening his penchant for visual narrative as a staff photographer for Look magazine, shooting everything from dramatic portraits of boxer Walter Cartier to celebrity profiles of Frank Sinatra. The “1948” are based on the frames worn by the ambitious wunderkind in a portrait taken that year by his mentor and editor, acclaimed photojournalist Arthur Rothstein.
MATERIAL: BLACK 10MM CURED CELLULOSE ACETATE FRAME, CUSTOM DOUBLE LAMINATED ACETATE TEMPLES FT. PRECIOUS METAL HARDWARE
HARDWARE: GOLD - LENS: AZURE CR39 - HANDCRAFTED IN JAPAN
- Gold signature arrowhead front pin
- Gold hidden wirecore with custom hairline filigree engraving
- Gold tension-secured custom 7-barrel hinge
- Gold domed 3D metal cameo logo
- 4 base lens w/ backside anti-reflective treatment
- 100% UV protection